Evanji was created in October 2002 to offer a more holistic hair removal service using the ancient Arabic art of sugaring that is kind to your skin and eco friendly. We have now expanded to support a growing number of Practitioners across the UK and Worldwide.
Through our ‘Evanji Associated Therapists’ we provide a network of support for other practitioners, many of whom have taken independent training courses with us. To find out more about becoming an Evanji Associated Therapist and our courses click here
Since mid 2003 we included a range of new courses which are open to all! You can find out more on our Beauty Courses Page
We are proud to have received a number of awards and recognition over the years, including;
- March 2006 Winner, Most Entrepreneurial Home Based Business in Shropshire, Redbrick Enterprises
- June 2006 Runner up, Rural Business Woman of the Year, Shropshire Chamber Business Awards
- June 2011 Runner Up, International Trade through Export , Shropshire Chamber Business Awards
- July 2012 Finalist, Business in the Community, Shropshire Chamber Business Awards
- Sept 2013 Spirit of Arbonne Winner, Arbonne International
- 2015 BizMums Award
- October 2017 Outstanding Personal Achievement, Dyslexia Awards
BA(Hons) PGCE MGPBT
A qualified teacher and former secondary school head of department, Denise has built Evanji with her husband Rick McGowan. Her educational background has enabled Denise to utilise her array of skills to successfully set up Evanji. Gaining awards from Enterprise Nation, Rural Business Woman and Shropshire Chamber of Commerce.
In addition to Evanji they both work with hot and cold glass–specialising in fused glass, silver & enameled jewellery and tiffany/lead stained glass.
Rick McGowan BSc (Hons)
Rick joined the fire service back in 1992. He has a degree in construction and never in his wildest dreams did he imagine helping with the running of Evanji and preparing the sugar pastes.
He has trained in massage and Hopi Ear Candling but only uses his skills to help out at the charity events we support. On his 4 days off between firefighting shifts he helps with a lot of the admin tasks, going back to work for a rest!